About Central Texas Food Bank
Looking for a way to make a difference without sacrificing a competitive salary and excellent benefits? Apply to join the Central Texas Food Bank team! We’re looking for highly-motivated people to bring their unique skills to our mission of nourishing our neighbors and leading our community in the fight against hunger. As the region’s largest hunger relief charity, the Food Bank offers a diverse and inclusive workplace, professional development opportunities, and a culture of promoting from within. Our core values, Compassion, Honesty, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork, chart our course.
Reporting to the Director of Network Services and managing a program of 3+ team members with two direct reports, the Internal Distribution Manager’s primary objective is to ensure food product is distributed in a timely manner to the Partner Agency (PA) and all CTFB programs, serving as the liaison between PAs and CTFB. The Internal Distribution Manager collaborates with the Sort program of the food bank and ensures that distribution avoids waste and is within compliance of all guidelines. This position supervises the Order Clerk and Marketplace Coordinator to ensure all job functions are met and gaps are filled as needed. This position has a strong Operations background with a hybrid ability to work with a diverse community to assist with the execution of distribution and allocation of product. This position is integral to ending hunger in our 21 county service area by working with both internal and external stakeholders including a network of partners.
Building and maintaining collaborative and meaningful relationships is a core component of this position. Internally, this role must nurture strong connections with colleagues on various teams but specifically Network Services, Logistics, Warehouse, and Food Industry departments. Proven and demonstrated professionalism and effective communication skills to achieve goals are necessary for this role as a leader of team members and department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Social Work, Education, Master’s preferred.
- 3+ years of related leadership experience, including team member supervision and management.
- 3+ years of supply chain/logistics experience
- Experience with partnerships and working with community-based organizations.
- Knowledge of central Texas and its network of services for low-income families.
- Operations, inventory management and loss prevention experience
- Forklift and warehouse equipment experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of warehouse database management software
- Demonstrated ability to execute program goals strategically while consistently evaluating processes/practices for improvements.
- Comfort and experience working with people from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds.
- Experience with federal feeding programs including TEFAP and TDA
- Ability to work with, communicate with, influence, and motivate others.
- Ability to take initiative and see projects through from start to finish.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to submit accurate applications and reports within deadline to ensure program and organizational success.
- Strong customer service orientation – both organizational and interpersonal. Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and professional relationships.
- Experience successfully administering multi-faceted client-based programs within budget and on-time.
- Experience developing innovative client-focused strategies and leading successful execution, in a dynamic, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Exemplary presentation, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong moral compass with commitment to improving the lives of those we serve in a dignified environment.
- Commitment to organization vision, mission, values.
- Effectively manage and coach the External Distributions team and provide supportive and developmental feedback to enhance performance. Ensure that team members develop the technical, leadership and professional skills necessary for success. Set performance goals for team members that align to CTFB’s strategy, and evaluate performance against goals on a regular basis.
- Develop a high-performance team culture focused on leadership and accountability at all levels, continuous learning, collaboration, measurement, and goal achievement by modeling the way and enabling others to act.
- Ensures distribution and allocation of product in a timely manner, taking the entire flow of food into account, including the avoidance of waste, and PA capacity.
- Plans, coordinates and implements strategies to develop mutually beneficial relationships between CTFB and its distribution and program partners.
- Coordinates with Warehouse and Food Industry teams to stay on top of inbound product, CTFB’s storage capacity, and transportation schedule, as necessary to move product in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensures the marketplace is presentable, safe, well-stocked, and runs efficiently.
- Work with internal program team members to identify Distribution & Food Fair sites, PAs capable of receiving Direct Drops, Store Donation Pick-Ups, and other distribution programs as they arise.
- Crosscheck and verify orders as necessary to ensure accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Provide regular, timely and accurate reports including spreadsheets, presentations, narratives, as needed. This includes preparing for all audits of CTFB regarding inventory and PA distribution information as well as grant reports and deadlines.
- Assess and improve distribution methods including technology improvements and identifying new and unique methods of distribution.
- Oversee Online Ordering System (OOS) and serve as the main contact for any troubleshooting items and IT concerns, ensuring the system and server are functioning, program qualifiers are set, item limits are set in accordance with PA size, and order calendars are working.
- Work with program team and warehouse/logistics to oversee product selection for distribution programs, and product is received and transferred into each area as scheduled.
- Provide excellent customer communication, relationships, and service, while ensuring staff does the same.
- Assist with the planning and execution of any distribution events.
- Serve as an internal and external expert on government distribution programs, including but not limited to TEFAP, CSFP, NSLP, CACFP, and SFSP, ensuring that all food handling, storage, and distribution policies are met and executed within budget, on-time, and in accordance with applicable policies.
- Support all Network and Client services and programs through direct distribution as needed.
- Assist with communication and response between CTFB and agencies in times of disaster.
- Make decisions in the best interest of families and the community we serve.
- Actively support organization’s values, goals and objectives by leading by example and demonstrate support of organizational message without blaming other departments, leaders or providing personal opinions.
- Other duties as assigned, including utilizing language skills you possess for the benefit of the organization and its clients.
- Hours of Operation: Generally Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, some evening and weekend hours may be required especially during peak times, disaster response, or holidays.
- Environment: Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.
- Travel: CTFB serves 21 counties in central Texas and often requires same-day travel between counties, using a personal vehicle, CTFB passenger fleet and possibly occasional out of town travel for meetings, special events or meeting for some positions.
We are committed to service, above all else, in our community and for our team members. With our commitment to the health and wellness of our team members, we provide a full benefits package to include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans,
- company paid short and long term disability insurance plus employee life insurance,
- 403b retirement plan plus up to 5% matching contribution after one year of service,
- telemedicine for physical and mental health,
- employee assistance program,
- paid time off including paid holidays,
- outdoor seating area with a garden view, and an
- on-site gym with a shower.
In addition, Central Texas Food Bank is designated a Texas Mother-Friendly Workplace AND a Best Place for Working Parents. Grow your career, build your network and develop your talents while enjoying the flexibility of a family-friendly environment.