The Capital Area Food of Texas seeks an intern to support the Human Resources Department. This individual will be a valuable part of the Human Resources team and will be assigned projects that are both challenging and educationally stimulating.
As a Human Resource Intern, project work will include:
- Research, designing, and implementing new material for recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of new employees
- Review Human Resources workflows and electronic filing system and provide efficiencies recommendations
- Learn general human resource management that includes salary administration, employee surveying and employee management
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management
- Basic understanding of Human Resources practices and procedures.
- Minimum 15 hours of availability per standard work week required
- 0 - 1 year of related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to speak publicly, clearly and effectively
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with accuracy, efficiency and in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a business group
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry up to 25 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working in inclement weather and working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, typewriter, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
No recruiters, phone calls or walk-ins please.
The Capital Area Food Bank of Texas is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex or age.