The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programing and fundraising events, but by hiring motivated, mission driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic Food Sourcing Coordinator in our Food Sourcing Department. This role will focus on developing and maintaining relationships with food donors to ensure eatable foods are available for the food bank. Reporting to the Food Sourcing Manager within the Food Sourcing Department, this position will spend significant time out of the office to visit with donors to ensure they have thorough understandings of established donation processes while also targeting efforts towards the expansion food donors.
As a Food Waste Coordinator, you will be an impactful team member responsible for administering donation procedures while minimizing food waste in Central Texas.
- Establish and maintain long-term, productive relationships with grocery retail donors at the store and regional management levels to ensure a consistent flow of nutritious donated food and non-food items.
- Maintain strong, cooperative relationships with the food bank’s Transportation and Operations staff, including CTFB Drivers
- Act as an advocate in the reduction of food waste by educating key partners of the impact of eliminating hunger.
- Onboard new grocery retail store locations to the food rescue program as needed.
- Field all calls from grocery retail donors and provide excellent customer service; Answer questions about their donation program, troubleshoot issues or concerns, and coordinate pickups as needed.
- Maintain timely and appropriate donor recognition communications.
- Maintain accurate and timely donation spreadsheets and provides reports as required. Provide monthly key performance indicator (KPI) data and other monthly or quarterly reports.
You are a great candidate if you have
- Experience working with food retailers or within food industry
- Desire to minimize food waste and end hunger
- Technical skillsets that include data management and data utilization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for
- Knowledge of warehousing procedures.
- Having operated forklifts, jacks, trucks, and other warehouse equipment.
- Organizing and managing multiple projects under aggressive timelines.
- Ability or willing to learn within a timeline on giving instructions to large groups of volunteers.
- Proven demonstration of good judgment and discretion.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, and working protracted or irregular hours.