The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this with our not only amazing programming and fundraising events, but by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic Food Waste Coordinator in our Food Sourcing Department. The primary objective of this position is to support the Central Texas Food Banks network of Partner Agencies and the retail donors they pick-up from. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring agencies for food safety compliance, training donors and agencies on retail pickup, SOPs, supporting the capacity of qualified agencies, updating program processes and materials, and ensuring accurate reporting of donated food. This position will report to the Food Sourcing Manager on the Food Sourcing Team, this role will have a direct impact on closing the hunger gap in central Texas.
As a Food Waste Coordinator, you will:
- Work to ensure that enabled agencies pick up from their respective donors on the agreed-upon days.
- Monitor partner agencies for compliance with donor and internal CTFB SOPs.
- Work directly with donors to ensure they are donating as much as possible from all eligible departments.
- Provide technical and relational support to partner organizations picking up from retail stores.
- Drive to various Donor sites frequently.
- Ensure that donated food is best allocated to meet client needs.
- Train staff at national donors (HEB, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Starbucks, etc.) on proper donation procedures as outlined in their respective SOPs.
- Develop corrective action/work plans for both stores and partner agencies in response to organizational /program assessments.
You are a great candidate if you have:
- One to two years of full-time, wage-earning relevant experience in auditing and/or compliance enforcement and supply chain management.
- Strong interest in reducing food waste and collaborating with other organizations to reduce regional food insecurity.
- A valid government-issued Driver’s License and proof of auto liability insurance
- One to two years of experience successfully collaborating, managing or mentoring partnerships with faith-based and/or community-based programs.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, internet applications in a Windows environment, and ability to learn internal software and applications.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem solving, written and oral communication skills, including email writing and phone manner.
- Organizing and managing multiple projects under aggressive timelines.
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of food insecurity and hunger relief, especially in the Central Texas region
- Experience working with food retailers
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
If this sounds like you, please submit your Cover Letter along with your resume and tell us why this is your job.