The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this with our not only amazing programming and fundraising events, but by hiring motivated, mission-driven interns who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic Food Sourcing Intern in our Food Sourcing Department. This summer position will assist in the promotion of the Food Bank’s Middle Mile food rescue program and in the development of a set of best practices for food donor stewardship. Additionally, as an intern, you will gain an understanding of how the Food Bank accomplishes its mission.
As a Food Sourcing Intern, you will:
- Assist with the promotion of CTFB’s Middle Mile food rescue pilot platform to potential food donors
- Conduct donor outreach efforts, including distribution of marketing materials, attending public events, making cold calls, and collaborating with CTFB’s Marketing & Communications team to run online/print advertisements
- Research and develop a best-practices guide for food donor stewardship and present findings to the Food Sourcing Manager for the implementation
You are a great candidate if you have
- Knowledge of Marketing and/or Communications best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including email writing and phone manner
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office programs
- Are motivated to make a difference in the fight against food insecurity and food waste and have the ability to collaborate with a wide range of CTFB staff members
- Experience volunteering for social service non-profits
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Bonus points for
- Knowledge of food insecurity and hunger relief, especially in the Central Texas region
- Knowledge of food waste at the local and national level
- Organizing multiple projects under aggressive timelines.
- Experience working with food retailers or within the food industry
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, and working protracted or irregular hours.