The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programming and fundraising events but by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic Event Stewardship Coordinator in our Community Engagement Department. The primary responsibilities of this position are to serve as the team lead for a portfolio of several hundred smaller, third-party events that benefit the Food Bank, primarily food and fund drives and to provide significant administrative support to the Events department, handling event logistics, scheduling, data entry, donor and gift acknowledgment and supply inventory. Additionally, the Event Stewardship Coordinator fields requests for tours and speaking engagements from the public and serves as an external representative of the Central Texas Food Bank’s Community Engagement efforts at events.
As Event Stewardship Coordinator, you will be expected to:
- Monitor food drive email and hotline and respond promptly and courteously to e-mail, voice mail, and walk-in requests regarding food/fund drives, sponsored events and cause-related marketing campaigns by answering questions, distributing coordinator kits and event supplies and distributing registration forms. Review registration forms submitted by donors for inaccuracies and incompleteness. Provide appropriate and prompt follow-up.
- Systematically cultivate and renew existing events, growing those with the potential to meet higher meal goals.
- Enter and maintain event, donor and financial and in-kind donation information in the database, ensuring accuracy and usability; analyze data and create reports. Prepare donor acknowledgment letters for monetary and in-kind donations made to events, food/fund drives and cause-related marketing campaigns.
- Maintain a regular inventory of the quantity, type and condition of all events supplies and ensure supplies are ordered and stocked for events.
- Primary scheduler for requests to the Transportation/Operations team related to events, including food drive drop-offs, pickups and special event logistical needs.
- Coordinate and attend outreach fairs to promote the Food Bank’s mission and events.
- Coordinate and assist with facility tours for community engagement to donors, prospects and children’s groups.
- Support other members of the Community Engagement team, assisting with mid-and top-tier events. Work a flexible schedule that sometimes includes evening and weekend hours (total 40 hours a week).
You are a great candidate if you have
- A desire to be a connector for the generous individuals, groups, companies and organizations involved with the Food Bank’s mission – attentiveness to community partners’ interests and motivations as well as the ability to diplomatically communicate the Food Bank’s requirements and needs so that events and partnerships can be as impactful as possible.
- Motivation to see a high return on investment in everything you do professionally, from the organization you work for to the way you plan your day.
- Experience using scheduling, logistics, sales, relationship management or fundraising software.
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills including email writing and phone manner.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines. Creative problem-solving skills and ability to learn quickly and adapt to shifting constraints and requirements.
- Good judgment and discretion, strong ethical character, ability to preserve donor confidentiality.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and external stakeholders representing a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and communication styles, representing the Food Bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions.
Bonus points for
- Bilingual English/Spanish fluency
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or Raiser’s Edge NXT
- The Food Bank’s Community Engagement team is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming experience for all community members who want to be involved with our hunger-fighting mission. People who have experienced food insecurity or economic hardship and those from backgrounds underrepresented in nonprofit management are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience using constituent relationship management or fundraising databases and/or peer-to-peer fundraising software.