The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger.” We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programming and fundraising events but also by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who want to be a part of the fight against hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a Donor Relations Specialist in our Resource Development team. The Donor Relations Specialist runs the Food Bank’s Sustainers Circle, our monthly giving program. Reporting to the Donor Relations Manager on the Resource Development team, this position ensures that the guidelines for the sustaining gift program are being followed, deepens sustaining donor relationships through stewardship and cultivation, develops and executes creative sustaining donor acquisition plans, and retains and upgrades sustaining donors over time to maximize their support of the Food Bank. Additionally, the Donor Relations Specialist manages a portfolio of mid-level donors considered prospects for future major gifts.
As the Donor Relations Specialist, you will:
- Steward new and existing sustaining donors (currently about 1,000 individuals and businesses) and cultivate them throughout the year by providing updates on their impact, and extending invitations to special events including the Sustainer Appreciation Event
- Identify lapsed and lapsing sustainers and complete timely outreach to retain and reactivate them as supporters
- Lead planned acquisition efforts to recruit new sustainers as well as and upgrade efforts to increase support from current sustainers when appropriate
- Meet one-on-one with sustaining donors to thank them for their giving, educate them on the Food Bank’s mission and operations and share the impact of their continued support
- Ensure sustaining gifts are accurately acknowledged and tracked and maintain accurate and complete records of communication with donors
- Report on sustaining donor giving trends and analyze sustaining gift program data to help determine future communication and engagement activities with these donors
- Project manage and create content for the quarterly personalized Hunger Heroes and Sustainers Circle newsletters, monthly emails to sustainers and other regular sustaining donor communications
- Provide ongoing cultivation and stewardship to mid-level donors to deepen their relationship with the Food Bank
- Provide donor history and stewardship assignments to the Resource Development team for incoming major gifts.
- Project manage and produce the Food Bank Talks educational series for donors
- Assist with the execution of the Food Bank’s annual Hunger Heroes event, other donor cultivation events, and provide administrative support to the Resource Development team with tasks as assigned during peak seasons of activity
You are a great candidate if you have
- An affinity for the Food Bank’s donors, attentiveness to their motivations and interests and an authentic desire to communicate gratitude and share the impact of their giving
- Motivation to see a high return on investment in everything you do professionally, from the organization you work for to the way you organize your day
- A bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of fundraising experience; or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Experience using a fundraising, constituent management, or even sales database
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills including email writing and phone manner
- The ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines
- Good judgment and discretion, strong ethical character, ability to preserve donor confidentiality and when requested, donor anonymity
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers
- Fast learner with creative problem-solving skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A valid government-issued Driver’s License and proof of auto liability insurance.
Bonus points for
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge highly preferred
- Experience using Luminate Online highly preferred
- Project management training
- The Food Bank fundraising team is committed to inclusive philanthropy. People who have experienced food insecurity or economic hardship and those from backgrounds underrepresented in nonprofit fundraising and development are strongly encouraged to apply.