The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programing and fundraising events, but by hiring motivated, mission driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) is looking for a dynamic Distribution Coordinator for our Mobile Pantry Program in our Agency Services Department. The role will coordinate the Central Texas Food Bank’s Mobile Pantry distribution program which directly serves community members in need across CTFB’s 21-county territory. Reporting to the Distribution Programs Manager, this position is highly visible in the community and is critically important in maintaining partnerships across our territory. This position requires manual labor as well as solid relationship management. This position spends the majority of work time in the field at Mobile Pantry distribution sites and traveling to/from distributions.
As a Distribution Coordinator – Mobile Pantry Program, you will
- Manage a portfolio of (15-20) Mobile Pantry Program sites. Overseeing ordering, distributions, and maintaining files.
- Provide direct assistance to clients of varying backgrounds; conduct client intake and data entry, implement client-feedback systems, and ensure security and confidentiality of client records.
- Provide orientation, training and supervision to onsite volunteers. Modeling a client-centered, compassionate, non-judgmental approach.
- Identify groups that may be prospects for formal partnership opportunities; including doing outreach to local organizations, businesses, etc. where sites are located.
- Deliver honest feedback in a supportive manner, demonstrate fair treatment of others and support a positive community-focused environment.
- Identify and do outreach to organizations that can promote CTFB services to target populations.
- Assist with re-training existing site leads or onboarding of new leads as needed.
- Escalate client and site complaints to Distribution Programs Manager in a timely manner.
- Transfer daily client paperwork to Partner Services Team in a timely manner.
- Follow-up on findings and needed updates after annual site reviews (monitors) to ensure program partners are staying compliant with all relevant guidelines.
- Assist with Senior Program distributions as needed to cover for staff out of the office.
You are a great candidate if you have/are:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Availability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate distribution times. Workdays will be between Monday – Saturday with varying hours (totaling 40 hours across 5 days per week).
- Experience working with volunteers and families of varying socio-economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated success in working with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues
- Proven demonstration of good judgment and discretion when handling sensitive information.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.
- Able to represent the Food Bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions. Change doesn’t derail your day, you roll with it.
Bonus points for
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
- Experience with food distribution programs or knowledge of federal feeding programs
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, familiarity, and sensitivity to hunger and poverty issues.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working outside in various weather conditions such as extreme heat, cold or rain, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.