Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is to “nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programming and fundraising events but by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic Director of Development in our Mobilizing Communities Department. This position is responsible for implementing a comprehensive plan to maximize revenue from individual, corporate, and foundation donors and prospects. Utilizing a strong team to work through a thoughtful moves management process, the Director of Development and their Resource Development Team maintain a portfolio of constituents, develop direct mail, grant, and online fundraising strategies, conduct research to identify new donor prospects, plan donor cultivation events, and correspond with donors through a variety of means of communication.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer in the Mobilizing Communities Department, this position is highly visible with many community partners.
As a Director of Development, you will
- Develop annual revenue and expenditure budget recommendations for executive review and approval.
- Develop a comprehensive annual fundraising strategy that includes: direct mail, grants, sustained giving, personal solicitation of major gifts, and sponsorships.
- Control department expenditures in accordance with budget allocations and policies & procedures.
- Direct a major gifts program to cultivate, retain, and steward individual donors.
- Maintain a portfolio of major gift donors, working each through thoughtful moves management strategies.
- Develop and direct a prospect research strategy, including analyzing existing and potential CTFB donors to identify those with the greatest potential for making major and sustained gifts.
- Establish priorities, short- and long-term goals, and performance objectives for the Resource Development Team that align with CTFB’s mission, vision and overall strategic objectives. Utilize these goals to develop annual team work plans.
- Direct the work of the Grants Team, working across departments to ensure that requirements for restricted gifts are tracked and met.
- Strategically plan and oversee annual donor cultivation events and activities.
- Collaborate with Mobilizing Communities leadership to develop and implement a corporate fundraising plan that includes securing sponsorship revenue for fundraising campaigns and events.
You are a great candidate if
- You are energized by the donor relations process and enjoy following leads from start to finish regardless of the path and timeline.
- You have at least 5 years of successful fundraising experience in a growing organization.
- You have strong management experience and have experience building strong teams.
- You are dedicated to achieving a high return on investment in everything you do professionally; from the organization, you work for to the way you organize your day.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment.
- You’re self-motivated and need few reminders that your work is valuable and appreciated.
- Adept at shifting focus between working on the details and seeing the big picture, including the ability to maintain acute attention to detail while also planning for the months and years ahead.
- Change doesn’t derail your day, you roll with it.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree.
Bonus points for
- Proficiency in Blackbaud products, including Raiser’s Edge NXT and Luminate Online.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience doing media interviews.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working outside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, and working protracted or irregular hours.
Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile