About Central Texas Food Bank
Looking for a way to make a difference without sacrificing a competitive salary and excellent benefits? Apply to join the Central Texas Food Bank team! We’re looking for highly-motivated people to bring their unique skills to our mission of nourishing our neighbors and leading our community in the fight against hunger. As the region’s largest hunger relief charity, the Food Bank offers a diverse and inclusive workplace, professional development opportunities, and a culture of promoting from within. Our core values, Compassion, Honesty, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork, chart our course.
The Director of Data and Analytics is a key role in the Strategic Insights division and is responsible for overseeing the data governance lifecycle at CTFB, ensuring that we have the right data to inform decisions, and that the data are accurate, reliable, understandable, and accessible. This position will oversee the data collection and management systems across the organization, and establish reporting and analysis standards across all our BI systems and tools.
Reporting to the Vice President of Strategic Insights, the Director of Data and Analytics will lead a team of 3, comprised of analysts and a database manage to support business data, analytics, and reporting needs. This position will interface with internal CTFB departments, and work closely with IT to manage our BI system vendors.
- Master’s degree and 3-5+ years of demonstrable impact in a data and analytics role including KPI creation, reporting, and data use processes
- A minimum of 3 years in a leadership capacity, including direct supervision of full-time FTEs
- Ability to translate complex data into understandable reports, communicate complex ideas and present data to audiences with a variety of data skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence others and offer strategic perspective to all audiences including board, executive leadership, and community members
- Ability to create infographics, data visualization and statistical graphics
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high levels of initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and a patient, customer service demeanor
- Experience analyzing large datasets using Tableau, ArcGIS, statistical software such as SPSS/SAS/Stata/R-Studio, as well as languages such as R, Python, and SQL
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects under aggressive timelines and quickly identify and resolve problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a face-paced environment with flexibility and poise
- Experience with analytics and evaluation in a nonprofit setting a plus
- Belief in CTFB’s mission, vision, values and culture
- Display a willingness and desire to work with people from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic and religious backgrounds
- Display a commitment to service above all else
- Oversee data collection strategy and systems across the organization
- Work closely with CTFB leadership to refine internal processes for data collection and tracking and develop and tailor tools/methodologies to support learning and strategy development
- Develop, maintain, and refine organizational and departmental KPIs in partnership with CTFB Leadership
- Establish standard reporting and analysis guidelines and practices across the organization and support teams in making recommendations or improvements based on findings as needed
- Oversee organizational-level reporting for both internal and external audiences
- Support advanced analytics that shed light on current trends and impact, as well as forecast future need, demand, and performance
- Develop and support structures for evidence-based decision-making throughout CTFB initiatives
- Partner with IT to Increase data and/or technology resources and solutions that may assist in strengthening CTFB’s data collection and data analysis capacity including funding, outside expertise, tech capacity, data mapping, or other resources
- Build capacity of CTFB staff and network partners to use data to support learning and strategy development
- Develop a high-performance team culture focused on leadership and accountability at all levels, continuous learning, collaboration, measurement, and goal achievement by modeling the way and enabling others to act.
- Effectively coach team members and provide supportive and developmental feedback to enhance performance. Ensure that team members develop the technical, leadership and professional skills necessary for success
- Set performance goals for team members that align to CTFB’s strategy, and evaluate performance against goals on a regular basis
- Actively supports organization’s values, goals and objectives by leading by example
- Demonstrates support of organizational message without blaming other departments, leaders or providing personal opinions
- Hours of Operation: Generally Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Some evening and weekend hours may be required during peak reporting deadlines
- Environment: This position requires sitting for long periods of the time, utilizing computers, laptops, and other technology. The position also requires working alone and with others on a team
- Travel: CTFB serves 21 counties in Central Texas and often requires same-day travel between counties, using a personal vehicle, CTFB passenger fleet and possibly occasional out-of-town travel for meetings or special events.
We are committed to service, above all else, in our community and for our team members. With our commitment to the health and wellness of our team members, we provide a full benefits package to include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans,
- company paid short and long term disability insurance plus employee life insurance,
- 403b retirement plan plus up to 5% matching contribution after one year of service,
- telemedicine for physical and mental health,
- employee assistance program,
- paid time off including paid holidays,
- outdoor seating area with a garden view, and an
- on-site gym with a shower
In addition, Central Texas Food Bank is designated a Texas Mother-Friendly Workplace AND a Best Place for Working Parents. Grow your career, build your network and develop your talents while enjoying the flexibility of a family-friendly environment.