About Central Texas Food Bank
Looking for a way to make a difference without sacrificing a competitive salary and excellent benefits? Apply to join the Central Texas Food Bank team! We're looking for highly-motivated people to bring their unique skills to our mission of nourishing our neighbors and leading our community in the fight against hunger. As the region's largest hunger relief charity, the Food Bank offers a diverse and inclusive workplace, professional development opportunities, and a culture of promoting from within. Our core values, Compassion, Honesty, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork, chart our course.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic Director of Communications, reporting to the Chief Development Officer. The primary objective of this position is to drive diverse marketing and communication initiatives across varied platforms and constituencies to ensure the overall visibility and integrity of the Central Texas Food Bank. This includes managing and developing a team of marketing and communication professionals, strategic messaging, editorial content and curation, media relations, executive communications, brand management and positioning, integrated marketing campaigns, advertising, project management, advanced online marketing strategies, budget planning and management, reporting and analyzing hunger-related information and statistics to all constituencies. The Director of Communications must thrive in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision, quickly comprehend and act on changing priorities when necessary, and must demonstrate superior customer service, interpersonal communication and written communication skills.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer and a member of the Communications team, this position is highly visible internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required; graduate degree in related field preferred.
- A minimum of seven years' experience working with integrated marketing strategies (including digital) and public relations.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a creative team
- Superior writing abilities with demonstrated experience in writing feature stories or other written content that aligns with the strategic objectives of an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong service-oriented attitude and work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and work productively with others in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills required
- Knowledge and experience of AP style for editorial content management
- Ability to understand technical topics and translate them for public expression
- Belief in CTFB's mission, vision, values and culture
- Demonstrate a willingness and desire to work with people from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic and religious backgrounds.
- Display a commitment to service above all else.
- Plan, organize, and direct overall marketing and communication strategies and public information for the organization
- Lead, manage and mentor marketing and communications team members and interns
- Provide food bank staff and others a high-level of internal customer service with advise and support in creating, editing, designing and formatting content Commit to supporting CTFB's mission, vision, values, and culture
- Produce relevant and compelling editorial content for internal and external distribution, including but not limited to; organizational messaging, talking points, scripts, articles, advertisements, op-eds, and interviews
- Oversee, steward, and maintain Central Texas Food Bank's media relations to ensure consistent and accurate coverage of the organization's mission, vision, identity, activities and needs
- Ensure the integrity of the Central Texas Food Bank brand
- Create and implement comprehensive, integrated marketing campaigns to increase community awareness, engagement, participation, fundraising, food sourcing and volunteerism
- Drive all digital communications strategies, supporting both internal and external audiences
- Manage the marketing and communications budget, and assets, overseeing media buys, advertorials, advertising, capital equipment and marketing materials, subscriptions and contracts
- Oversee all graphic design strategies, organizational photography, videography, banners, visuals
- Lead a team in developing a series of integrated digital marketing strategies that reflect the goals and objectives of online awareness, engagement, resource development and volunteerism
- Oversee digital properties to ensure they optimize user experience, accessibility, search engine optimization, responsive design
- Oversee and provide guidance to all team members in propagating Food Bank messaging via all relevant social media platforms
- Develop a high-performance team culture focused on leadership and accountability at all levels, continuous learning, collaboration, measurement, and goal achievement by modeling the way and enabling others to act.
- Set performance goals for team members that align to CTFB’s strategy, and evaluate performance against goals on a regular basis.
- Effectively coach team members and provide supportive and developmental feedback to enhance performance. Ensure that team members develop the technical, leadership and professional skills necessary for success.
- Actively supports organization’s values, goals and objectives by leading by example
- Demonstrates support of organizational message without blaming other departments, leaders or providing personal opinions.
- Perform additional duties as necessary and/or requested.
Bonus points for
- Professional media training and/or on-air television/radio experience
- Basic photography and video skills
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and other times as needed
- Environment: This position is required to work a hybrid schedule and be available for important meetings, events, and distributions across the 21 counties CTFB serves, 40 hours a week.
- Travel: CTFB serves 21 counties in central Texas; this position may require occasional travel.
We are committed to service, above all else, in our community and for our team members. With our commitment to the health and wellness of our team members, we provide a full benefits package to include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans,
- company paid short and long term disability insurance plus employee life insurance,
- 403b retirement plan plus up to 5% matching contribution after one year of service,
- telemedicine for physical and mental health,
- employee assistance program,
- paid time off including paid holidays,
- outdoor seating area with a garden view, and an
- on-site gym with a shower.
In addition, Central Texas Food Bank is designated a Texas Mother-Friendly Workplace AND a Best Place for Working Parents. Grow your career, build your network and develop your talents while enjoying the flexibility of a family-friendly environment.