About Central Texas Food Bank
Looking for a way to make a difference without sacrificing a competitive salary and excellent benefits? Apply to join the Central Texas Food Bank team! We’re looking for highly-motivated people to bring their unique skills to our mission of nourishing our neighbors and leading our community in the fight against hunger. As the region’s largest hunger relief charity, the Food Bank offers a diverse and inclusive workplace, professional development opportunities, and a culture of promoting from within. Our core values, Compassion, Honesty, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork, chart our course.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a CUSTODIAN in our Logistic Department. This position reports directly to the Facilities Manager and performs routine manual tasks in maintaining the cleanliness, sanitary conditions, and appearance of the company building as well as performing higher level specialized custodial & basic maintenance tasks.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited organization recognized by the Council for Education Accreditation (CEA)
- 2+ years of experience in custodial work which includes janitorial duties as well as minor facility repairs
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work cooperatively with food bank staff, volunteers, agency personnel, and visitors to food bank property
- Ability to use small industrial/electrical/mechanical equipment such as various types of floor scrubbers, power tools, and various hand tools
- Working knowledge of computer software use such as Outlook, Word, Slack, Excel, and an ability to learn a computerized maintenance management system at a user level
- Belief in CTFB’s mission, vision, values, and culture.
- Display a willingness and desire to work with people from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds.
- Display a commitment to service above all else.
- Perform custodial-related duties necessary to maintain cleanliness and sanitary conditions.
- Perform many varied custodial tasks necessary for the upkeep of buildings and grounds. Picks up trash outside of the building and grounds, sweeps sidewalks, porches and removes debris around outside of the building.
- Clean, disinfect, restock and maintain restrooms, including unclogging & repairing a leaking toilet.
- Perform routine interior and exterior maintenance as scheduled & requested; this may include painting, replacing fan belts, electrical, carpentry, replacing filters, mechanical repair, etc.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform immediate repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment
- Serve, as needed on a specialized set-up crew with principal responsibilities for setting up tables, chairs, and other furniture for special meetings, banquets, or other occasions.
- Completion of goals, metrics and deadlines.
- Commit to supporting CTFB’s mission, vision, values, and culture.
- Perform additional duties as necessary and/or requested.
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Schedule may also vary.
- Environment: Conditions may include working in inclement weather, subzero freezer and cooler, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working at heights up to 40+ feet, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours.
- Travel: CTFB serves 21 counties in central Texas; this position will require short-distance day travel.
- Physical Standards: Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle.
We are committed to service, above all else, in our community and for our team members. With our commitment to the health and wellness of our team members, we provide a full benefits package to include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans,
- company paid short and long term disability insurance plus employee life insurance,
- 403b retirement plan plus up to 5% matching contribution after one year of service,
- telemedicine for physical and mental health,
- employee assistance program,
- paid time off including paid holidays,
- outdoor seating area with a garden view, and an
- on-site gym with a shower.
- In addition, Central Texas Food Bank is designated a Texas Mother-Friendly Workplace AND a Best Place for Working Parents. Grow your career, build your network and develop your talents while enjoying the flexibility of a family-friendly environment.