The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! We are looking for a Corporate Relations Manager in our Community Engagement Department. This role reports to the Community Engagement Director on the Mobilizing Communities team, which is led by the Chief Development Officer. This is a new position at the Food Bank, and its primary responsibilities will be (1) to develop and manage a system of corporate moves management to be used across the Mobilizing Communities team, (2) to help assign corporate portfolio members and create strategies for the CEO, Chief Development Officer, Community Engagement Director, Development Director and other key fundraising staff, and (3) to qualify and maintain a personal portfolio of corporate donors for stewardship and solicitation.
As the largest hunger-relief organization in Central Texas, the Central Texas Food Bank serves 46,000 people each week across 21 counties. Companies support the Food Bank’s mission in a variety of ways, including direct corporate giving, employee giving, peer-to-peer fundraising events, matching gifts, sponsorships, cause marketing, food drives and volunteering. Corporate support has represented an increasingly large share of the Food Bank’s fundraised revenue over the past years. In the most recent fiscal year 25% of fundraised revenue came from companies.
As the Corporate Relations Manager, you will:
- Develop and manage a system that ensures key fundraising staff move new and existing corporate partners through a gift solicitation and stewardship cycle.
- Help assign portfolio members to the CEO, Chief Development Officer, Community Engagement Director and other key fundraising staff.
- Help develop and track individual goals for each corporate partner in a portfolio or pipeline based on the donor's history of giving and knowledge of the company’s capacity and interests.
- Qualify a personal portfolio of corporate donors for stewardship and solicitation.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Engagement and Events & Partnerships teams to identify corporate fundraising prospects and develop engagement strategies to deepen relationships and solicit financial gifts.
- Work with the Development Operations Specialist to manage corporate donor data and produce reports that inform corporate relations strategy.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to create compelling collateral to steward corporate contributions and support the solicitation of gifts and sponsorships.
- Assist in the production of donor cultivation events and fundraise for capital campaigns, as needed.
You are a great candidate if you
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, working to secure donations from corporations.
- Are an outstanding written and oral communicator with above average interpersonal skills.
- Are able to take any Food Bank fact and turn it into a creative stewardship piece that conveys a donor’s impact in a timely and compelling way.
- Show discretion and diplomacy in dealing with the philanthropic sector.
- Have strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects while planning strategically for future efforts.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision, and adhere to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Show a desire to go the extra mile to make the Food Bank corporate relations program a success.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (required).
Bonus points for
- A proven track record of securing corporate sponsorship and gifts.
- Database experience, specifically using Raiser’s Edge NXT or Luminate Online.
- Knowledge of and experience using moves management.
- The Food Bank’s Community Engagement team is committed to an inclusive workplace culture. People who have experienced food insecurity or economic hardship and those from backgrounds underrepresented in nonprofit management and fundraising are encouraged to apply.