The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programming and fundraising events but by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic CONTROLLER in our Finance/Accounting Department. The Controller is responsible for the management and oversight of Accounting/Finance/Payroll. Responsibilities include financial reporting, both internal and external, submission of government contract reporting, invoicing, and grant reporting. In addition to oversight, the position requires hands-on involvement in daily accounting tasks and reconciliations. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position is highly visible internally and externally, requires professionalism, attention to detail, and collaboration.
As a CONTROLLER, you will
- Prepare accurate Financial Statements and corresponding reports within the monthly and quarterly deadlines.
- Supervise Accounting and Payroll staff
- Oversee the accounts payable process, accounts receivable functions, including cash and credit card logs and deposits, preparation of agency invoices and statements, notices of delinquent agency accounts and procurement process.
- Devise and implement efficient and effective internal control procedures.
- Manage the payroll function ensuring efficient systems, process and controls for payroll as well as the payment of the associated employee benefits.
- Prepare and/or adjust journal entries and reconciliation of all general ledger balances on a monthly basis.
- Construct analytical tools for use in strategic planning.
- Construct micro-budgets and forecasts for departments for claim preparation and operational testing.
- Write policy papers for use by numerous departments.
- Draft Board of Director resolutions.
- Streamline systems and processes to increase efficiency.
- Manage insurance policies and claims.
- Manage employee allocations to various programs.
- Financial fraud detection and prevention.
- Assist with Finance Committee meetings.
- Assist with new software implementations.
- Prepare government grant budgets, financial reports, and claim submittals to government agencies and other granting organizations.
- Prepare supporting external audit schedules, external tax schedules, and interface with auditors and tax advisors as needed.
- Work cohesively with the Grants team and the fundraising team providing financial reports and reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process, budget analysis, and quarterly forecasting.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
You are a great candidate if you have
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Business or Finance required.
- CPA license
- Eight years of full-time, wage-earning experience in financial management required.
- Three years of Controller experience required.