The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programming and fundraising events but by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic Community Engagement Coordinator for Events and Partnerships. As a member of our Community Engagement Department, this position’s primary responsibility is to develop, coordinate, implement and maintain third-party partnerships that benefit the Food Bank, specifically peer-to-peer online fundraising campaigns (Virtual Food Drives), cause-related marketing campaigns, sponsored events and food/fund drives. The position works closely with community partners to identify event and campaign requirements and coordinates the Food Bank’s support including logistical needs, marketing materials, strategy, benchmarking, relationship management and internal coordination with Development, Marketing, Operations and other Food Bank staff.
As Community Engagement Coordinator – Events and Partnerships, you will be expected to:
- Recruit, cultivate, coordinate, troubleshoot, steward and renew Virtual Food Drive peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns. Provide direct customer service for Virtual Food Drive hosts, strategically growing the impact of Virtual Food Drives as an engagement channel for the Food Bank community. Serve as liaison with Marketing and Communications team for all VFD technical and promotional needs.
- Coordinate, cultivate, renew and strategically grow a portfolio of mid-level events and partnerships, including food/fund drives, sponsored events and cause-related marketing campaigns.
- Internal responsibilities include but are not limited to: coordinating logistics with Food Bank Operations staff; coordinating public relations aspects of events and creative services (graphic and printed material); staff scheduling, training and debriefing; follow-up stewardship; producing and maintaining detailed event plans and documentation.
- External responsibilities include but are not limited to: working with Community Partners, venue representatives, and other external event organizers to align their requirements and expectations with the Food Bank’s requirements and abilities; responding to inquiries, researching and resolving problems related to third-party events; serving as liaison with other constituencies in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational issues; serving as Food Bank representative onsite at events.
- Use the fundraising database and peer-to-peer fundraising platform to enter, maintain, analyze and report on event and partnership data. Develop and maintain annual strategic plans, policies, procedures, and growth metrics relating to mid-level events and partnerships.
- Support the planning and execution of top-tier events outside of the Community Engagement Coordinator portfolio. As assigned, support the creation and execution of new strategic events, partnerships and initiatives to increase revenue and meet community engagement targets.
- Recruit, orient and schedule internal staff and trained Volunteer Ambassadors to provide staff support at external events. Run the Food Bank’s Volunteer Ambassador program.
- Manage regular interdepartmental meetings with Operations staff to discuss event logistics and standard operating procedures and Marketing/Communications staff to discuss event marketing and promotion.
- Assist with facility tours, outreach fairs and speaking engagements as needed.
- Work a flexible schedule, frequently including protracted and irregular hours as required for event stewardship (total 40 hours a week).
You are a great candidate if you have
- A desire to be a connector for the generous individuals, groups, companies and organizations involved with the Food Bank’s mission – attentiveness to community partners’ interests and motivations as well as the ability to diplomatically communicate the Food Bank’s requirements and needs so that events and partnerships can be as impactful as possible.
- Motivation to see a high return on investment in everything you do professionally, from the organization you work for to the way you plan your day.
- Experience using constituent relationship management or fundraising databases and/or peer-to-peer fundraising software.
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills including email writing and phone manner.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines. Creative problem-solving skills and ability to learn quickly and adapt to shifting constraints and requirements.
- Good judgment and discretion, strong ethical character, ability to preserve donor confidentiality.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and external stakeholders representing a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and communication styles, representing the Food Bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions.
Bonus points for
- Bilingual English/Spanish fluency
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Experience with Everydayhero and/or JustGiving peer-to-peer fundraising platforms
- The Food Bank’s Community Engagement team is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming experience for all community members who want to be involved with our hunger-fighting mission. People who have experienced food insecurity or economic hardship and those from backgrounds underrepresented in nonprofit management are strongly encouraged to apply.