Reporting to the Community Distribution Manager, the Community Distribution Coordinator coordinates the support of the Central Texas Food Bank’s Mobile Pantry distribution program and Food Fair program which directly serves community members in need across CTFB’s 21-county territory. This position requires in the in the field support as well as solid relationship management. This position spends a significant amount of work time in the field at community distribution sites and traveling to/from distributions.
This position is highly visible externally requiring strong relationship management and communication skills both internally and externally. This position maintains positive relationships and communication with colleagues, volunteers, and program partners.
- HS diploma or equivalent, bachelor’s preferred
- 2 years’ work experience in a full-time wage-earning role
- Experience providing superior customer service with a focus on relationship management in a service-delivery setting.
- Ability to adapt communication style to unique audience and cultural context, proactively identifying and overcoming breakdowns in communication.
- Flexibility in response to change, adapting quickly to shifting priorities while staying focused on solving problems with creative solutions.
- Ability to interact effectively in the community and at multiple levels within organizations, especially those serving culturally and economically diverse communities.
- Good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information.
- An understanding of and value equity as an organizational operating principle and are committed to continued learning on issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Experience with food distribution programs and/or other program development and implementation preferred. Experience with federal feeding programs through the USDA.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, especially Salesforce preferred.
- Knowledge of racial justice, social equity and systemic racism; sensitivity to issues and concerns of communities of color and other diverse groups.
- Ability to balance attention to detail and goal/vision within program implementation.
- Belief in CTFB’s mission, vision, values and culture
- Display a commitment to service above all else.
- Coordinate Mobile Pantry Program sites, including priority partnerships. Overseeing ordering, distributions, and maintaining files.
- Coordinate Food Fair sites, including priority partnerships. Overseeing ordering, distributions, and maintaining files. Receive, track, maintain, and process all interested program partners aligning interest with CTFB priorities.
- Provide direct assistance to clients of varying backgrounds; conduct client intake and data entry, implement client-feedback systems, and ensure security and confidentiality of client records.
- Provide orientation, training and supervision to onsite volunteers, modeling a client-centered, compassionate, non-judgmental approach.
- Identify groups that may be prospects for formal partnership opportunities; including doing outreach to local organizations, businesses, etc. where sites are located.
- With the direction of the Community Distribution Manager support and develop new/potential partnership relationships as needed.
- Manage special projects within the Community Distribution team as necessary, including major distribution events, annual meetings, pilot programs and other community requests.
- Ensure Food Fair partners are adhering to all applicable regulatory and CTFB compliance standards.
- Maintain training documents to reflect current CTFB data and compliance with all Distribution policies, and re-train existing, or onboard new, site leads and program partners as needed.
- Follow-up on findings and needed updates after annual site reviews (monitors) to ensure program partners are staying compliant with all relevant guidelines.
- Support the work of pilot and disaster or emergency response-related projects by placing orders, tracking logistics, and more.
- Facilitate outreach to organizations that can help promote our services to specific client populations
- Assist in the preparation of reports, data gathering, and completion of goals, metrics and deadlines.
- Commit to supporting CTFB’s mission, vision, values, and culture.
- Perform additional duties as necessary and/or requested including utilizing language skills you possess for those we serve and the organization.
- Hours of Operation: Although organization hours are Monday-Saturday, 40 hrs., 5 days. Shift timings might be as early as 6:30 am and can end as late as 6 pm. After-hours work is required occasionally throughout the year, especially during peak times and disaster relief.
- Environment: This position works in a field and office setting. Conditions may include working inside, working outside in various weather conditions such as extreme heat, cold or rain, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Travel: CTFB serves 21 counties in central Texas and often requires same-day travel between counties, using a personal vehicle, CTFB passenger fleet and possibly occasional out of town travel for meetings, special events or meeting for some positions.
We are committed to service, above all else, in our community and for our team members. With our commitment to the health and wellness of our team members, we provide a full benefits package to include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans,
- company paid short and long term disability insurance plus employee life insurance,
- 403b retirement plan plus up to 5% matching contribution after one year of service,
- telemedicine for physical and mental health,
- employee assistance program,
- paid time off including paid holidays,
- outdoor seating area with a garden view, and an
- On-site gym with a shower.
In addition, Central Texas Food Bank is designated a Texas Mother-Friendly Workplace AND a Best Place for Working Parents. Grow your career, build your network and develop your talents while enjoying the flexibility of a family-friendly environment.