The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programming and fundraising events but by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a strategic thinking Chief Operating Officer (COO). The COO will have overall responsibility for warehouse operations, transportation, logistics, inventory management, food procurement, product recovery, kitchen, facility management and safety. As part of the Sr. Leadership Team, the COO will participate in board meetings and strategic planning. Reporting to the CEO, the COO will ensure operational policies are consistent with the standards set by Feeding America, AIB, FDA, USDA and other regulatory agencies. The COO is a highly visible position at the local, state, and national (Feeding America ) level. Position may require manual labor as well as solid relationship management.
As a Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring operational strategy, practices and initiatives are aligned with the organization’s business objectives and support the organization’s growth strategy
- Evaluating and identifying opportunities, developing strategies, presenting recommendations and implementing programs that will enhance distribution center operational effectiveness and service
- Meeting and exceeding food procurement and distribution metrics and goals
- Responsible for inventory accuracy through monitoring of daily warehouse activities, cycle counts, inventory shortages
- Oversee product recovery to guarantee maximum product into the area, compliance of recovered goods, good work environment for employees and volunteers
- Provide guidance and oversight of warehouse facilities and CTFB vehicles
- Ensure safety program is in effect and staff are aware and trained in all aspects
- Administrative functions including hiring, performance management, coaching, and disciplinary actions
- Oversee disaster recovery plans for various scenarios in cases of inclement weather and/or natural disasters
- Work with management staff to establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, quality, and teamwork
- In conjunction with the Director of Operations will work to manage product recovery, product handling, inventory management, delivery and facility management
- Fiduciary oversight over all areas of responsibility
You are a great candidate if you have
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with 7+ years of experience in distribution, supply chain, operational management, logistics or equivalent combination of experience
- Minimum of 10 years in a leadership capacity
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team, provide solutions, and respond quickly in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Demonstrated success in providing leadership, planning/organizing the work of a team, as well as managing and communicating with the team.
- People skills required to lead, motivate and inspire a team, represent CTFB in the community, communicate with partners, collaborate with other food banks, and others.
- Presentation skills and ability to present complex information to employees, senior leadership, and Board of Directors
- Strong analytical thinking, conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Experience in workflow management and process improvement
- Demonstrate success and evidence of ability to be innovative, meet or exceed goals, and managing workflow.
- The visionary mindset with the ability to drive results and manage
Bonus points for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Business Administration
- Experience in the food retail industry preferred
- Knowledge of food safety handling procedures and regulations preferred
- Experience managing a multimillion-dollar budget
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
This position spends the majority of time sitting at a desk working on a computer but has opportunities to walk and adjust eye focus. Day travel may be required within our 21 county service area to attend meetings, functions, and special events which may require driving. In addition, overnight travel may be necessary to visit other food banks, attend conferences, meetings, etc. This position may require some work outside of normal business hours. This position requires monitoring of warehouse operations in a warehouse environment internally and externally consisting of hot and cold temperatures. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry objects up to 20 pounds. With forklift traffic in the facility and product stacked and stored throughout, this position requires someone who is mobile and who can hear and watch for traffic and the normal hazards of a warehouse environment.