The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programing and fundraising events, but by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a Bilingual Social Services Coordinator in our Programs Department. This role serves as the primary contact for individuals who are seeking assistance in applying for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and other State benefits. Reporting to the Social Services Manager on our Social Services team, you will be operating both in-house and on-location at our local and regional partners, assisting eligible individuals in the application process for SNAP and other State benefits.
As a Social Services Coordinator, you will be:
- Educating potential SNAP recipients on-site and off-site at our Partner Agencies located throughout our 21-county service area
- Assisting individuals in the application process for SNAP and other State benefits
- Developing new relationships with community partners to improve program outcomes
- Working to achieve goals regarding application and referral activity, always maintaining a results-oriented work ethic
- Attending training sessions and performing other duties to support the program, including maintaining accurate and complete data
- Proving superior customer service to all our Partner Agencies and any individuals you help through our program
You are a great candidate if you have:
- Two years in a full-time, wage-earning role in social services within a non-profit organization or a Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in Social Work or related field
- The ability to read, write, and speak in Spanish required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- A valid government-issued Driver’s License and proof of auto liability insurance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Bonus points for:
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects, with attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- A Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in Social Work or related field
- An understanding, familiarity, and sensitivity to hunger and poverty issues and/or SNAP and other State benefits
- Experience working independently with minimum supervision in a high-energy role
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications and any non-profit software
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working outside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, and working protracted or irregular hours.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.