About Central Texas Food Bank
Looking for a way to make a difference without sacrificing a competitive salary and excellent benefits? Apply to join the Central Texas Food Bank team! We’re looking for highly-motivated people to bring their unique skills to our mission of nourishing our neighbors and leading our community in the fight against hunger. As the region’s largest hunger relief charity, the Food Bank offers a diverse and inclusive workplace, professional development opportunities, and a culture of promoting from within. Our core values, Compassion, Honesty, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork, chart our course.
This role serves as the primary contact for individuals who are seeking food assistance and using a social determinants of health lens to assess and provide intervention opportunities, including food access information and education, referrals for internal and external programs, as well as state public benefit program application assistance including SNAP (food stamps), Medicaid, CHIP, TANF and others. Within this position, you will be operating both in-house and on-location at our local and regional partners, assisting eligible individuals in the application process for SNAP and other State benefits.
Building and maintaining collaborative and meaningful relationships is a core component of this position. Reporting to the Benefits and Emergency Services Manager within the Empowerment Programs area, this position will also need to nurture strong connections with colleagues on various teams, especially Workforce training, Client Meals, Nutrition Education, and Network Programs and Services to ensure wrap-around services are provided to each client. Proven and demonstrated professionalism and effective communication skills to achieve goals are necessary for this role.
- Two years in a full-time, wage-earning role in social services within a non-profit organization or a Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in Social Work or related field
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- The ability to read, write, and speak in Spanish required
- Knowledge of central Texas and its network of services for low-income families is preferred
- Strong moral compass with commitment to improving the lives of those we serve in a dignified environment.
- Strong customer service skills
- Belief in CTFB’s mission, vision, values and culture
- Display a willingness and desire to work with people from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic and religious backgrounds.
- Display a commitment to service above all else.
- Assisting individuals in the application process for SNAP and other State benefits in person, via phone, and through virtual appointments both on-site and in the community.
- Assisting with walk-in clients, answering inbound phone calls, emails and other referrals in a timely manner and utilization of the language line to facilitate client appointments when necessary
- Educating potential SNAP recipients and community members on-site and off-site at Partner Agencies located throughout our 21-county service area
- Developing new relationships with community partners to improve program outcomes and assisting the manager in extending training opportunities to volunteers and partner agency staff to increase application assistance throughout the service area
- Maintain a results-oriented work ethic; set and meet predetermined goals regarding application, referral and outreach activity.
- Through a social determinants of health lens, screen clients for a diverse array of CTFB client services and develop an intervention plan including referrals to internal and external programs
- Deliver client services from a trauma-informed, strengths based service delivery model
- Facilitate direct access to immediate food needs through on-site, client choice food pantry
- Maintain a strong and evolving network of referral organization partners to support client needs
- Meet all scheduled reporting requirements. Maintain daily records of all activities and outreach, utilizing data and client tracking software and spreadsheets. Ensure client confidentiality and HIPAA requirements are upheld
- Providing superior customer service to all our Partner Agencies and any individuals you help through our program
- Represents CTFB at community events, food pantry sites, and mobile distributions to screen for and assist with benefits assistance
- Assist in the preparation of reports, data gathering, and completion of goals, metrics and deadlines.
- Commit to supporting CTFB’s mission, vision, values, and culture
- Perform other duties as necessary and/or requested, including utilizing language skills you possess for the benefit of the organization and its clients
- Hours of Operation: Generally Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., some evening and weekend hours may be required, especially during peak times, disaster response, or holidays
- Environment: This position works in a typical office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. Occasional work will occur in the warehouse or outside in inclement weather. The position also requires working independently and with others on a team.
- Travel: CTFB serves 21 counties in central Texas and often requires same-day travel between counties, using a personal vehicle, CTFB passenger fleet and possibly occasional out of town travel for meetings, special events or meeting for some positions.
We are committed to service, above all else, in our community and for our team members. With our commitment to the health and wellness of our team members, we provide a full benefits package to include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans,
- company paid short and long term disability insurance plus employee life insurance,
- 403b retirement plan plus up to 5% matching contribution after one year of service,
- telemedicine for physical and mental health,
- employee assistance program,
- paid time off including paid holidays,
- outdoor seating area with a garden view, and an
- on-site gym with a shower.
In addition, Central Texas Food Bank is designated a Texas Mother-Friendly Workplace AND a Best Place for Working Parents. Grow your career, build your network and develop your talents while enjoying the flexibility of a family-friendly environment.