The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programming and fundraising events but by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic Agency Relations Specialist to join our Agency Services Department. The primary objective of this position is to build relationships with the network of CTFB partner agencies to assess potential areas for improving their capabilities and increasing outputs and impact. In this position, you’ll be an expert on your portfolio of agencies giving a voice to the network in order to help strategically work towards the goals of the Central Texas Food Bank broadly and the Agency Services Department specifically. Reporting to the Agency Relations Manager, this position is highly visible internally and externally requiring strong relationship management and communication skills.
As an Agency Relations Specialist, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of 50-75 partner agencies, acting as their main point of contact for their CTFB partnership.
- Conduct regular ongoing visits, overseeing compliance with policies and procedures and strategically working with them to maximize their capabilities and contributions to the broader hunger relief network.
- Ensure the sustainability of resources across the hunger relief network by identifying partners’ areas of weakness and working with them to make improvements.
- Maintain accurate and up to date partner files recording strategic conversations and tracking important relationship information.
- Assist with execution of ongoing engagement (re-training, conferences, regional meetings, etc.) programming for partner agencies and routinely provide high-quality customer service.
- Place orders for Healthy Options Program for the Elderly (HOPE) and Fresh Food for Families (FFFF) orders as needed for your portfolio of agencies.
- Assist with researching and pursuing new partnerships and with onboarding new partners as needed.
You are a great candidate if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Public Policy, or related field. Plus, 2+ years of paid full-time work experience.
- Past account/portfolio management experience or one-two years of experience successfully collaborating, managing or mentoring partnerships with faith-based and/or community-based programs
- Experience providing superior customer service to a large volume of stakeholders
- Ability to interact effectively in the community and at multiple levels within organizations, especially those serving culturally and economically diverse communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects under aggressive timelines. Change doesn’t derail your day, you roll with it.
- A valid government-issued Driver’s License and proof of auto liability insurance
Bonus points for:
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Experience with food distribution programs and/or other program development and implementation
- Knowledge of federal emergency food programs