The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programing and fundraising events, but by hiring motivated, mission driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic Agency Relations Manager in our Agency Services Department. The primary objective of this position is to lead a team of relationship managers in building the capabilities of CTFB’s partner network of nonprofit and faith based organizations that distribute food throughout Central Texas. Reporting to the Director of Agency Services, this position is highly visible internally and externally requiring strong relationship management and communication skills.
As Agency Relations Manager, you will:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of Agency Relations Team staff including onboarding, regular one on ones, annual staff reviews, and professional development planning.
- Help to prepare, administer and manage annual budgets for Agency Relations work.
- Manage a portfolio of 25-50 partner agencies, overseeing compliance with policies and procedures and strategically working with them to maximize their capabilities and contributions to the broader hunger relief network.
- Assist with implementing capacity framework activities, strategic spending of capacity grant funds, overseeing the Fresh Food for Families program and more, including reporting on changes for target metrics.
- Identify key strategic partner relationships and conduct onboarding with new partners.
- Ensure the Agency Relations team key metrics are tracked and reported on in a timely manner.
- Oversee execution of ongoing engagement (re-training, conferences, regional meetings, etc.) programming for partner agencies.
- Follow-up on client complaints at partner agencies as needed and as outlined by a formal CTFB complaint process.
- Support the work of the partner agency Network Advisory Council.
- Work with Partner Services Team to: produce reports that articulate progress the Agency Relations Team is making on annual goals, communicate thoughtfully to agencies, and ensure a productive partnership between CTFB and agencies.
- Act as a liaison between CTFB and agencies in times of disaster.
You are a great candidate if you have/are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Public Policy, or related field. Plus, 4+ years of paid full-time work experience.
- Ability to shift focus between working on the specifics and seeing the big picture, including the ability to maintain acute attention to detail while also planning for the months and years ahead.
- A strategic thinker who can see how complex systems work together.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including public speaking, meeting facilitation, and partnership agreement writing
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to interact effectively in the community and at multiple levels within organizations, especially those serving culturally and economically diverse communities.
- Focused, you don’t let change derail your day, you roll with it.
Bonus points for:
- Experience supervising a team of full-time paid staff.
- Past account management or Feeding America network experience.